CRITICAL QUESTION FOR BUSINESSES AND HR PROFESSIONALS:
Does Your Company Have a Plan for Addressing Business Liability and Employee Safety relevant to Family & Domestic Violence’s Impact on YOUR Workplace?
WHAT YOU LEARN IN 4 HOURS WILL ASTOUND YOU ON THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EMPLOYEE SAFETY & BUSINESS RISK.
NORTH TEXAS FACING FAMILY VIOLENCE CONFERENCE, OCT 18 [HR FOCUS DAY]. Beginning at only $80.
HR focus – conference 2017 Affordable Professional/HR & CEUs available.
Three impressive sessions / One afternoon:
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES IN THE WORKPLACE
Erin Camp, Siemens [Oct 18, 1:00-2:15]
● Identify ways to help protect worker†safety related to domestic violence and also minimize employer liability related to failing to protect employees from domestic violence;
● Identify privacy concerns in dealing with domestic violence and how to minimize employer liability for invasion of employee’s privacy; and
● Identify key legal protections related to domestic violence under anti-discrimination and leave laws and ways to minimize liability under those laws.
A COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE
Panel: Detective Jeff Rich, Plano PD; Rosa Luna, TAAS; Mona Muro, TCFV [Oct 18, 2:30-3:30]
● Increase knowledge of how law enforcement can support employers who may have DV issues.
● Increase knowledge of how local shelters and rape crisis centers can assist employees who may be impacted by intimate partner violence.
● Increase knowledge of resources and options available to employers when responding to intimate partner violence.
ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE FOR NON-LAW ENFORCEMENT
Sheriff Jim Skinner, Collin County Sheriff [Oct 18, 3:45-4:45]
● Outline what actions are best practices when the workplace or business is confronted with an active shooter.
● Identify and describe indicators of violence that can be observed in the workplace.
● Articulate procedures and plans for preventing and planning for potential active shooters.
● Increase awareness on how to manage the consequences of an active shooter, post event.